Flexible probe for the identification of unknown chemicals
The new FirstDefender RMX is a Raman handheld spectrometer of the latest generation with a flexible probe.
- At a weight of only 919 g, it is the ideal instrument for toughest conditions found in the military, emergency management, fire brigades and the industry.
- The FirstDefender RMX has been tested according to the US military standard MIL-STD 810F for robustness and identifies chemicals and mixture of substances directly on-site and with unparalleled speed.
- The comprehensive substance database contains explosives, TICs/TIMs, chemical agents, drugs, “white powders”, precursor substances as well as thousands of further chemicals.
Areas of application
At a weight of only 919 g, this light and completely decontaminable instrument
- can be applied directly by security forces;
- is water proof and dust protected;
- enables a non-destructive and contact-free measurement.
|Principle of operation||Non-destructive analysis via Raman-spectroscopy|
|Size||19,6 cm x 11,4 cm x 6,1 cm|
|Laser||785 ≤ 250 mW (adjustable)|
|Spectral range||250 – 2875 cm-1 Raman shift|
|Spectral resolution||7 – 10,5 cm-1|
|Collection optics||NA = 0,23
17mm working distance
0,14 mm – 1,8 mm spot size
|Measurement time||Optional: manually or automatic (minimum 5 ms)|
|Display||Easy to read colour LCD display|
|Transport||High-strength waterproof plastic case|
|Operating temperature||Temperature range: -20° C to +40° C|
|Batteries||Changeable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, ~4 hours of operating time|
|External power supply||100 - 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Case||Dust and splash water proof high-strength plastic case|
|Standard accessories||High-strength waterproof carrying case
2 power supply units: 100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
3 SureFire batteries