Handheld Raman spectrometer with flexible probe
The FirstDefender RMX identifies unknown chemicals and substance mixtures directly at the scene. Its flexible gooseneck probe simplifies measurements in hard-to-reach places. The Raman spectrometer can also be integrated into CBRNE/Hazmat or EOD robotic systems and perform analyses remotely in particularly hazardous situations. Identification is also possible through transparent packaging. This prevents the user from coming into contact with the substance. A color marking shows the user whether a pure substance or a mixture is present or whether the substance has not been detected.
- Non-destructive analysis & non-contact measurement.
- Lightweight – weighs only 919 g in weight.
- Rugged – waterproof, dustproof, decontaminable – tested to US military standard MIL-STD 810F.
- Robot mountable & remote controllable.
- Easy to use – even without scientific background knowledge.
- Huge substance database – includes explosives, TICs/TIMs, chemical warfare agents, narcotics, "white powders", precursor substances, etc.
Areas of application
- Civil protection
- Fire department
|Principle of operation||Non-destructive analysis via Raman-spectroscopy|
|Size||196 mm x 114 mm x 61 mm|
|Laser||785 ≤ 250 mW (adjustable)|
|Spectral range||250 cm-1 – 2875 cm-1 Raman shift|
|Spectral resolution||7 cm-1 – 10,5 cm-1|
|Collection optics||NA = 0,23
17mm working distance
0,14 mm – 1,8 mm spot size
|Measurement time||Optional: manually or automatic (minimum 5 ms)|
|Display||Easy to read colour LCD display|
|Transport||High-strength waterproof plastic case|
|Operating temperature||Temperature range: -20° C to +40° C|
|Batteries||Changeable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, ~4 hours of operating time|
|External power supply||100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Case||Dust and splash water proof high-strength plastic case|
|Standard accessories||High-strength waterproof carrying case
2 power supply units: 100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
3 SureFire batteries
Do you have questions?
Are you interested in the FirstDefender RMX?
Our team of experts is here to advise you and discuss your needs.