NIR transmission probe for monitoring liquid processes
The MicroNIR PAT-L probe is the perfectly PAT solution for monitoring chemical and pharmaceutical processes with transparent analytes. Since it works in transmission, no complex installation of a bypass with transflectance background is necessary. The probe can be immersed directly into the liquid as an immersion probe, e.g. into a reactor or a tube.
Advantages of the MicroNIR PAT-L
- Rugged process probe with IP protection class 67 for reliable use in harsh industrial environments.
- Proven Linear Variable Filter technology with no moving parts inside.
- Available with numerous path lengths for perfectly matched analytics.
- Application-specific design for optimally matched installation, e.g. materials, dimensions, flange connectivity.
- Maintenance-free system with long-life tungsten lamps for cost-effective use.
- Extra high quality spectra due to N2 inerting and Hellma quartz optics.
- Including MicroNIR PRO software for model generation (PLS, PCA, MBSD, SMV) and control of the spectrometer.
- Documents for GMP-compliant (USP<1119>, EP2.2.40, 21CFRp11) validation available.
- Also available as ATEX version for safe use in EX zone 0.
The MicroNIR PAT-L probe enables a variety of different real-time reaction monitoring applications, e.g.:
- Conventional chemical reaction monitoring
- Water content
- Solvent analysis
How does the MicroNIR PAT-L probe operate?
The analysis technique used in the MicroNIR PAT-L is already in the name: Near Infrared or NIR spectroscopy. This laboratory method, established for generations, has been adapted here for a transmission probe: Energy is radiated into the liquid to be examined in the form of light (=transmission). This light is somewhat lower in energy than the visible range of sunlight and excites the molecules to vibrate. The radiation that has passed through the liquid analyte is analyzed. It allows conclusions to be drawn about the structural composition, since some of the incoming radiation is absorbed in a molecule-specific manner. More details on NIR spectroscopy.
What makes the PAT-L so unique?
The first transmission probe from the proven MicroNIR PAT spectrometer series has a. robust design without optical fibers and moving parts inside. THE spectrometer is relatively inexpensive, the software for model building is already included. Custom modifications are possible (material, length, optical path, flange).
|Technology||Destruction-free NIR spectroscopy|
|Dispersive element||Linear Variable Filter (LVF)|
|Available path lengths||2 mm, 3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm and 10 mm|
|Detector||128 pixel InGaAs photodiode array|
|Weight / size||Depending on dimension (100 mm – 900 mm immersion depth) and material choice (SS 316 stainless steel or Hastelloy C-22)|
|Illumination source||2 tungsten NIR lamps with > 40.000 h lifetime|
|Installation||Diverse EN, ASME, Varivent und Sanitary Pipe Flansche|
|Spectral range||950 nm – 1.650 nm (= 10.526 cm-1 – 6060 cm-1)|
|Resolution||approx. 1.25 % (FWHM), e.g. 12.5 nm at 1,000 nm|
|Dynamic Range||1.000 : 1 max.|
|Signal to noise ratio (SNR)||1 : 23.000|
|Measuring interval||From 1 second|
|Measuring distance||0 (Transmission)|
|Power supply||AC 240 V, or 24 V for ATEX version PAT-Lx|
|Data formats||Unsb, CSV und SPC|
|Operating temperature||Depending on material and flange selection, maximum 400 °C|
|Operating pressure||Depending on material and flange selection, 40 bar max.|
|Ruggedness||IP67 dust and splash protection, MIL-PRF-28800F Class 2|
|Software||MicroNIR Pro 3.2|
|Standard accessories||USB-A cable (fixed) 3 m, or 1.25 m for ATEX version PAT-Lx|
|Optional accessories||Cooling coil for process temperatures > 50°C
GMP validation standards
Water-cooled coil for temperature control in high-temperature processes.
Do you have questions?
Are you interested in the MicroNIR PAT-L?
Our team of experts is here to advise you and discuss your needs.