NIR analyses in the danger zone
The microPHAZIR Asbestos is the first near infrared (NIR) handheld analyser for a fast on-site screening and the identification of asbestos-containing materials.
With a weight of only 1,2 kg and a very easy handling, this microPHAZIR allows the analysis of many measuring points in a very short time, thus reducing lab costs.
The microPHAZIR Asbestos saves sampling and reduces lab costs.
- Fast instrument instruction
- Just aim and start measurement with the push of a button
- Data storage in the instrument
- Robust, easy to handle and ergonomic
- LCD colour display with intuitive usability
- Lithium-ion battery with more than 5 hours of operating time
- No laser-related safety regulations
- Non-destructive and safe analysis done by light
Areas of application
Thanks to its many versatile properties, asbestos has been used for:
- heat protective clothing, fire protection panels, sprayed materials, paintings, floor coverings (PVC), sealants, brake pads, clutch linings,
- asbestos-cement products (panels, pipes, corrugated sheets, plant containers, ventilation ducts), adhesives, sealants, putties, asbestos boards,
- older electronic devices (flat-irons, toasters, electric grills, hair dryers, carbon arc lamps, thermocouples, temperature measurement resistors, high power resistors, heating resistors, high voltage fuse elements, etc.)
|Principle of operation||Non-destructive analysis via near infrared spectroscopy|
|Size||250 x 225 x 100 mm|
|Light source||Wolfram light bulb with a typical durability of > 2 years
easy to change
|Calibration||Measuring head for diffuse reflection with built-in automatic reference|
|Measurement time||Application dependent, typically under 3 seconds|
|Display||Easy to read colour LCD display|
|LED display||The LED display on the instrument’s back shows the status (measurement / ready) and can be easily read even during measurement.|
|Database||All results are saved internally and can be downloaded to the computer.|
|Data transfer||Data transfer to the computer via USB. Data access with the Phazir Tools software (password protected) included in the delivery.|
|Security||Password protection with several user levels possible.|
|Transport||High-strength waterproof plastic case|
|Operating temperature||Temperature range: 5° to 50° C|
|Batteries||Changeable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery for approx. 5 hours of operating time, incl. charger and charge status display; charging time <4 hours|
|Case||Dust and splash water proof high-strength plastic case|
|Standard accessories||High-strength waterproof plastic carrying case
110/220 V charger
Safety hand strap
Integrated reference standard
Replacement lamp, tools
Do you have questions?
Are you interested in the microPHAZIR Asbestos?
Our team of experts is here to advise you and discuss your needs.