TruScan RM – Handheld Raman Spectrometer
Qualitative and quantitative analyses for QC, PAT, R&D
The TruScan RM is the ideal all-round spectrometer for raw material and at-line process control. It is used by almost all major chemical and pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Battery-operated, small and lightweight, the handheld Raman spectrometer is suitable for ID checks in seconds, directly in the incoming goods department or in weighing. The results output of the TruScan RM is clear and unambiguous. This makes the instrument easy to operate even for employees without a background in science and reduces the workload of highly qualified laboratory personnel. The analyzer identifies raw materials through transparent and many opaque packages. This eliminates the need for sample drawing and makes the entire raw material control process much more efficient.
TruScan & TruTools – the clever combination for at-line PAT
The optional TruTools chemometrics software turns the TruScan into a handheld PAT analyzer for qualitative and quantitative at-line process control. TruTools gives the handheld instrument capabilities that otherwise only large, complicated benchtop instruments have:
- Quantitative models with LOQs of < 1% for up to 10 components in a sample.
- API quantification for end product control.
- Identification of cell culture media.
- Qualitative models for differentiation of very similar, previously indistinguishable substances.
- Battery operated, small and handy – allows mobile use directly in the goods receiving area, weighing, etc. wherever a quick check is required.
- Non-contact measurement of solids and liquids through transparent and many opaque packages – Saves costly and time-consuming sample drawing.
- High quality Raman spectra for highest selectivity – allows easy application of new raw material methods and selective separation of thousands of raw materials.
- Intuitive operation and clear result output – can also be operated by employees without a scientific background – relieves the burden on highly qualified laboratory personnel.
- Detailed installation and compliance documentation – guarantees fast implementation and safe use in regulated industrial environments (GMP, 21CFRp11, USP, EP)
- Optional chemometrics package TruTools – enables qualitative PASS/FAIL testing in raw material control as well as quantitative analyses, e.g. of contents.
Areas of application
The robust handheld instrument weighs only 0,9 kg and can
- be used in receipt of goods, stock or wherever a fast identity check is needed.
- measure solids and fluids through transparent packaging with no need for contact.
- differentiate unambiguously between very similar chemical bonds – outstanding selectivity.
- be used even by low skilled staff, thanks to the very easy handling.
|Principle of operation||Non-destructive analysis via Raman-spectroscopy|
|Size||208 mm x 107 mm x 43 mm|
|Laser||785 nm ± 0.5 nm, laser linewidth: 2 cm-1, stability: < 0.1 cm-1 (excitation wavelength)|
|Laser power||250 mW ± 25 mW|
|Spectral range||250 cm-1 – 2875 cm-1|
|Spectral resolution||8 cm-1 – 10.5 cm-1 (FWHM) above measuring range|
|Collection optics||NA = 0.33
18 mm working distance
0.2 to 2.5 mm dot size
|Measurement time||Application dependent, exposure time: automatic modes (minimum 12 ms)|
|Display||Easy to read colour LCD display|
|Data entry||Barcode reader (2D-code standards)|
|Security||Login: biometrics fingerprint reader|
|Transport||High-strength waterproof plastic case|
|Operating temperature||Temperature range: -20 °C to +40 °C|
|Batteries||Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, ~4 hours of operating time|
|External power supply||100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Case||Dust and splash water proof high-strength plastic case|
|Standard accessories||High-strength waterproof carrying case
2 DC line adapter 100-240 V AC, 50/60Hz
SD memory card
USB card reader
Manual and documentation CD
Laser safety goggles
Safety glasses adapted to the wavelength of the spectrometer for eye-safe handling.
>> further information
Adapter for easy measurement of samples in glass vials and liquids in pasteur pipettes.
>> further information
Accessories for safe measurement of tablets. Easy fixation of tablets by quick release.
>> further information
Raw materials library
Library with over 4,000 typical pharmaceutical and chemical raw materials and excipients. Enables the secure validation of newly created raw materials against all library entries.
Packaging material adapter
Attachable spacer for measuring packaging material.
Do you have questions?
Are you interested in the TruScan RM?
Our team of experts is here to advise you and discuss your needs.