TruNarc’s analyses are based on the Raman-spectroscopy, a highly selective method with an outstanding suitability for the identification of chemicals. As an optical method of analysis, it does not need to be in direct contact to the substance analysed. A Raman instrument sends the light of a single wavelength through the transparent wall of the sample container and receives the light irradiated from the substance.
- This signal is – similar to a fingerprint – characteristic for the content of the container, since the measuring point lies in the container.
- Then, the signal can be checked against a pre-defined list of hazards or a comprehensive chemical library found on the instrument.
- The TruNarc has been specifically developed for for fast drug screening.
- It safely identifies drugs, precursors as well as cutting agents, but can be expanded anytime by the manufacturer to include further hazardous materials. This is a significant advantage that enables a flexible reaction to new drugs, considering the fact that this market develops at a breakneck speed. The instrument is light and very easy to handle.
- The TruNarc measures through the transparent wall of glass or plastic containers. It does not need to be in direct contact to the substance and makes use of special software algorithms to answer the question: “What is this?”
- The TruNarc offers one analysis for all drugs, it even detects heroin, thus not having to decide on-site anymore which colour test could be the right one for the substance in question.
Areas of application
The TruNarc can
- be employed by customs, the police, on the street to quickly and directly identify if a substance is dubious;
- measure with no contact through closed, clear, transparent containers and plastic containers: No need to open them. No danger for task forces and the environment and no loss of evidence;
- create a detailed documentation with the measurement results, which helps writing reliable operation reports and collecting proof;
- measure without destruction, so that the evidence stays fully preserved;
- identify dozens of drugs with only one test;
- deliver clear results with no need for further interpretation.
|Principle of operation||Non-destructive analysis via Raman-spectroscopy|
|Size||16,3 x 10,4 x 5,1 cm|
|Measurement time||Less than one minute|
|Display||Easy to read colour LCD display|
|Database||In the instrument|
|Data transfer||USB, microUSB|
|Operating temperature||Temperature range: -10° C to +50° C|
|Batteries||Integrated battery, 3,7 V for >10 hours of operating time|
|Standard accessories||High-strength waterproof carrying case
Power supply units 230 V
|Optional accessory||Charging cable for cars|