Positive identification of materials
Materials testing – important part of quality assurance
Analysis of alloys, positive material inspection/PMI-tests and traceability are crucial when it comes to metallurgy, semi-finished goods, products or distribution. Mixing up materials can lead to considerable economic damages, harm a company’s reputation and in the worst case, even cost lives. With today’s focus on comprehensive quality management, ISO-standards and the need for a 100% definite analysis, quality control and material inspection are getting more and more demanding. Our analysers smartly help you manage these tasks.
The analysers of the XL3t-series are non-destructive. Up to 30 typical elements can be analysed in ten thousand alloys:
- Cr-steels, stainless steels
- Chrome molybdenum steels
- Low alloy steels
- Tool steels
- Nickel- / cobalt based alloys
- Copper-/ brass-/ bronze alloys
- Titanium alloys, aluminium alloys
- Tramp elements P, Cu, Nb, Sn, Pb (100-300 ppm) with the XL3-Air+
- The XL3-Air+ analyses the “light” elements without the need for a helium flush or vacuum:
- Mg and Si in aluminium alloys
- Al and Si in copper alloys
- Zecor-SS-alloys with 5-6% silicon
- Monel steels (e.g. Al in Monel 500)
- Phosphorus in copper alloys
- Distinction of 1.4310 possible (difference 1% Al)
- Distinction of 1.4301 and 1.4305 possible (difference 0,1 – 0,3% S)
XL3-Hybrid+ for an ultimate performance
With a helium flush, the XL3-Hybrid+ achieves lowest limits of detection for Mg, Al, Si, P, S. This enables analyses, which up until now were only possible with a spark spectrometer – without destruction or focal spots:
- Distinction of pure aluminium and Al Mg 0,3
Fields of application
- Analysis of alloys
- Positive material inspection
- Differentiation of materials
- Quality assurance
Do you have questions?
Are you looking for an analyzer for Positive material inspection/material testing?
Our team of experts will be happy to support you and answer your questions about application, technology and options.