The classic-series for fast on-site analyses
The X-ray fluorescence analyzer XL3 classic is a versatile, portable XRF instrument for rapid elemental analysis directly on site. It can measure element contents in the range from Cl to U.
One of the main areas of application is flexible metal analysis directly on site. Depending on the application requirements, further program modules as well as individual calibrations can be added.
Advantages of the mobile XRF spectrometer XL3 classic
- Fast, accurate analyses directly on site.
- Ergonomic folding display ensures good readability in any light.
- Integrated CCD camera documents the measuring spot.
- Optional spot reduction to 3 mm (SmallSpot).
Areas of application
Analysis of metals, heavy metals (banned substances) and ores
- Alloy analysis in recycling and metal manufacturing industry.
- Analysis of electronic products and plastics for the control of substance bans (RoHS, Reach).
- Environmental and soil analyses (heavy metals in soils).
- Ore analyses for mining and quarrying.
- Screening of toys for market surveillance according to the German Toy Ordinance.
|Weights and measures||244 mm x 230 mm x 95,5 mm; 1,3 kg (without battery)|
|X-ray tube||Au-anode (standard) 50 kV, 40 µA, 2 Watt max.|
|Detector||high performance Si-PIN-diode|
|Area /field of analysis||from Cl (17) to U (92)
more than 25 elements, varies depending on measuring program
|System electronics||533 MHz ARM 11CPU, 300 MHz DSP
80 MHz ASICS (application-specific integrated circuit) DSP for signal processing, MCA 4096 channels
32 MB internal system memory, 128 MB internal random-access memory
|Operating system||Nucleus OS™ from Mentor Graphics|
|Battery||lithium-ion battery, for approx. 6-8 hours of continuous operation|
|Display||VGA colour touch screen display|
|Database||up to 10.000 measurements incl. spectra, CCD image optional|
|Data transfer||USB, Bluetooth, serial (RS-232)|
|Safety||password protection, scalable|
|Analysers||alloy analysis, precious metals alloys, electronics, plastics, consumer goods, Signatur Match, SuperChem™-mode, layer thickness analysis, empirical calibration, empirical calibration in combination with FP|
|Matrix correction||Compton normalisation (CN), fundamental parameters (FP)
correction for thickness for thin samples (plastic mode)
|Display mode||threshold value test (Pass / Fail / Inconclusive)
traffic light display
|Data entry||on-screen keyboard (touch-screen)
info input list writable by user
optional: Bluetooth bar code reader
Do you have questions?
Are you interested in the XL3 classic?
Our team of experts is here to advise you and discuss your needs.