Air technology without helium and vacuum
The XL3 SDD uses a new type of silicon drift detector (SDD) with a large surface. On this detector, excitation, signal processing and instrument geometry are optimised. When compared to the Si-PIN-diode, the SDD achieves:
- Improvement of counting rate by factor 10
- Enhancement of precision by factor 3
- With the XL3 SDD model, the critical elements Mg, Al, Si, P, S are already measurable under air (without helium and vacuum).
- Distinction between pure aluminium and Al, Mg
- Phosphorus in bronze
- Even better detection of the elements (Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Cl) in archaeometry.
Areas of application
- Mg, Si in aluminium alloys
- Al in titanium and zinc alloys
- Al and Si in bronze and magnesium alloys
- P in bronze
- Super alloys and special steels
- Al in Monel K500 and Si in Nitronic 60
- Si and P in cast iron
- Si in transformer steel, detection of phosphatings
- Mg, Al, Si, P in mineral compounds, colour pigments, ceramics, clay, glass.
|Weights and measures||256 x 275 x 100 mm; 1,5 kg (without battery)|
|X-ray tube||Ag-anode (standard) 50 kV, 40 µA, 2 Watt max.|
|Detector||SDD detector (GOLDD technology)|
|Range of analysis||from MG (12) to U (92)
more than 25 elements, varies depending on measuring program
|System electronics||533 MHz ARM 11CPU, 300 MHz DSP
80 MHz ASICS DSP, MCA 4096 channels
32 MB internal system memory, 128 MB internal random-access memory
|Operating system||Nucleus OS™ from Mentor Graphics|
|Battery||Lithium-ion battery, for approx. 6-8 hours of continuous operation|
|Display||folding VGA colour touch screen display|
|Database||up to 10.000 measurements incl. spectra, CCD image optional|
|Data transfer||USB, Bluetooth, serial (RS-232)|
|Security||Password protection, scalable|
|Analysers||Alloy analysis, electronics, precious metals alloys, dental alloys, plastics, consumer goods, environmental, soil and mineral analysis, dusts on filters, Signatur Match, SuperChem™-mode and layer thickness analysis, empirical calibration, empirical calibration in combination with FP|
|Matrix correction||Compton normalisation (CN), fundamental parameters (FP)
|Display mode||Boundary-value analysis (Pass / Fail / Inconclusive)
Traffic light display
Info input list writable by user
Optional: Bluetooth bar code reader
Do you have questions?
Are you interested in the XL3 SDD?
Our team of experts is here to advise you and discuss your needs.