Versatile handheld XRF spectrometer with light element analysis
The XL3 SDD mobile X-ray fluorescence spectrometer measures the light elements Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Cl quickly and easily under air. It uses a particularly high-resolution silicon drift detector (SDD) with a large area. Excitation, signal processing and instrument geometry are optimized for this GOLDD (Geometrically Optimized Large Area Drift Detector) technology. This greatly simplifies the detection of the light elements Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Cl. The foldable display allows ergonomic handling and comfortable reading under changing light conditions.
Compared to Si PIN diodes, SDD detectors achieve:
- Improvement of counting rate by factor 10
- Enhancement of precision by factor 3
- With the XL3 SDD model, the critical elements Mg, Al, Si, P, S are already measurable under air (without helium and vacuum).
- Distinction between pure aluminium and Al, Mg
- Phosphorus in bronze
- Even better detection of the elements (Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Cl) in archaeometry.
Areas of application
- Mg, Si in aluminium alloys
- Al in titanium and zinc alloys
- Al and Si in bronze and magnesium alloys
- P in bronze
- Super alloys and special steels
- Al in Monel K500 and Si in Nitronic 60
- Si and P in cast iron
- Si in transformer steel, detection of phosphatings
- Mg, Al, Si, P in mineral compounds, colour pigments, ceramics, clay, glass.
|Weights and measures||256 x 275 x 100 mm; 1,5 kg (without battery)|
|X-ray tube||Ag-anode (standard) 50 kV, 40 µA, 2 Watt max.|
|Detector||SDD detector (GOLDD technology)|
|Range of analysis||from MG (12) to U (92)
more than 25 elements, varies depending on measuring program
|System electronics||533 MHz ARM 11CPU, 300 MHz DSP
80 MHz ASICS DSP, MCA 4096 channels
32 MB internal system memory, 128 MB internal random-access memory
|Operating system||Nucleus OS™ from Mentor Graphics|
|Battery||Lithium-ion battery, for approx. 6-8 hours of continuous operation|
|Display||folding VGA colour touch screen display|
|Database||up to 10.000 measurements incl. spectra, CCD image optional|
|Data transfer||USB, Bluetooth, serial (RS-232)|
|Security||Password protection, scalable|
|Analysers||Alloy analysis, electronics, precious metals alloys, dental alloys, plastics, consumer goods, environmental, soil and mineral analysis, dusts on filters, Signatur Match, SuperChem™-mode and layer thickness analysis, empirical calibration, empirical calibration in combination with FP|
|Matrix correction||Compton normalisation (CN), fundamental parameters (FP)
|Display mode||Boundary-value analysis (Pass / Fail / Inconclusive)
Traffic light display
Info input list writable by user
Optional: Bluetooth bar code reader
Do you have questions?
Are you interested in the XL3 SDD?
Our team of experts is here to advise you and discuss your needs.