X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer IonicX
Identity Testing of Ionic Salts within a Minute
The new compact XRF spectrometer IonicX for the first time allows simple and fast ID testing of pure ionic salts. This wasn’t possible with the technologies available as handhelds so far (NIR, Raman, FT-IR). Instead of time-consuming analytic procedures in the off-site laboratory, results are now instantly available on-site, e.g. in the warehouse. Just transfer a sample into the accessory sample cup, run a measurement, and read the result on the device’s screen. That’s it! This mobile on-site procedure remarkably accelerates the ID testing.
- Mobile system for usage in the warehouse.
- Results within a minute.
- Ready to analyse NaCl, KCl, CaCl2 and MgCl2 NaOH.
- Easy-to-read PASS/FAIL results on the device.
- Minimal footprint compared to benchtop -systems.
- 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
- USB, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
Areas of application
- Identity testing of incoming goods in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry.
- Checking for false batches.
- Control of production intermediates.
|Weights and measures
(with test stand)
|305 mm x 305 mm x 203 mm;
2.6 kg (with battery)
|X-ray tube||Ag-anode 6 kV – 50 kV, 0 μA – 500 μA, 5 Watt max.|
|Detector||Large Area Drift Detektor|
|Spot size||8 mm|
|System’s electronic||16 GB internal system memory
512 MB internal RAM
|Battery||12 V lithium-ion battery with hot swap function|
|Data transfer||USB, Wi-Fi|
|Cameras||Macro camera for general view
Micro camera for spot view
|Data safety||21 CFR Part 11|
|Data input||Handheld with touchscreen or remote via notebook
Editable info fields, optional Bluetooth barcode reader
|Operating temperature||0 °C – 50 °C|
|Manufacturer||Thermo Fisher Scientific, Tewksbury, MA, USA|
Do you have questions?
Are you interested in the IonicX?
Our team of experts is here to advise you and discuss your needs.