Handheld metal analyzer for fast on-site analysis and PMI
The XL2 plus analyzes metals fast, easily and reliable. In addition to stainless steel alloys, it also separates pure aluminum from aluminum alloys and AlZn from AlMg. The SD-detector is equipped with the integrated ProGuard detector protection. ProGuard reduces the risk of shavings damaging the detector. Within a few seconds, the chemical composition and the material ID is displayed on the screen. The integrated alloy database includes most of industrial alloys.
- Intuitive user guidance with a new interface
- Touchscreen and directional hard keys for quick navigation
- Ergonomically positioned colour display
- Ag-tube for better excitation of sulphur
- SD-detector with integrated ProGuard detector protection with enhanced sensitivity for light elements (Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Cl)
- Encrypted measurement data, not subsequently manipulatable –data proof
- Integrated CCD camera documents the measurement spot and together with the new nose guard alignment provides precise sample positioning
- Measure non-stop: The new Hot Swap feature allows continuous measuring without battery replacement
- Versatile: Multiple calibrations available for different applications on one analyzer.
- IP 54 certification (dust and splash-proof)
Areas of application
Scrap Recycling and Fabrication
In metal recycling, the Niton XL2 plus spectrometer simplifies metal sorting. Scrap is sorted in no time to achieve best prices.
Verification of metals and alloys with fast on-site analysis protects against material mix up, complaints and claims. The handheld spectrometer XL2 plus identifies alloys in incoming goods inspection, in production or at outgoing quality control and quality assurance.
- Chrome steels, stainless steels, NCT
- Chrome-molybdenum steels
- Low alloy steels
- Tool Steels
- Nickel, cobalt based alloys
- Copper, brass, bronze alloys
- Titanium and aluminium alloys (incl. Mg, Al, Si)
- Precious metals (jewellery alloys)
|Weights and measures||256 x 275 x 100 mm; 1,53 kg (with battery)|
|X-Ray Tube||Ag-anode 6 – 45 kV, 1 – 200 µA, 2 Watt max.
Dynamically adjustable current for optimal sensitivity on every analysis
|Detector||Silicon drift detector SDD
Detector ProGuard protection included
|Range of analysis||Mg (12) – U (92)
more than 25 elements, varies depending on measuring program
|Memory / Data Storage||64 MB internal system memory / 128 MB internal user storage
Stores approximately 10,000 readings with spectra (fewer if images are saved), CCD image optional
|Operating system||Proprietary Thermo|
|Power||7.4V lithium-ion battery, or 12V DC, 3A, 36W power supply
Hot swap functionality keeps analyzer powered during battery replacements
|Camera||Integrated CCD micro camera for locating and recording measurement positions|
|Display||Fixed angle, color, resistive touchscreen display|
|IP Rating||IP54 (splash and dust proof)|
|Data transfer||USB, Bluetooth, and RS-232 serial communication|
|Safety||password protection, scalable|
|Analysers||alloy analysis, precious metals and dental alloys, further analysers upon request|
|Matrix correction||Compton normalisation (CN), fundamental parameters (FP)
correction for thickness for thin samples (plastic mode)
|Display mode||threshold value test (Pass / Fail / Inconclusive)
traffic light display
|Data entry||Touchscreen keyboard
User customizable data entry
Optional wireless remote barcode reader
Do you have questions?
Are you interested in the XL2 plus?
Our team of experts is here to advise you and discuss your needs.